Tuesday, March 9, 2010

FRIM - Conquered Bukit Steroid on 07/03/2010

FRIM (2nd ride)
Last night (6/03/2010) I received email from Yot a rider from Taman Kinrara who got my number from Awi of Bandar Kinrara 2(Met him at KESAS Highway night ride) Yot wanted to know if there will be any ride today. As I had decided not to ride this weekend. I was not aware of any ride. So I surf www.beskal.com to get the info. PujMAC and beskal.com were going to FRIM. I immediately decided to go along with this week ride.

I got out of my apartment at about 0730. Waited for Yot for a while but decided to go on ahead without him as I did not received any confirmation whether he's coming or not. I sped off to FRIM via LDP. After One Utama I was overtook by a yellow and red ferraris. Manage to get their picture as they stop for a while by the road just after the toll.

Arrived at tokong cina parking in front of FRIM at about 0805. Met up with other riders and set up our rides.  Moved into FRIM with Achik, Nik, Ibis, Man, Along, Kaylah, Haitsan, Don, Zamri and others (click here to Abe Chik's fb for more pictures) We headed off to the dream trails. It was my first ride into the dream trail. My rear tire keeps sliding off the slippery roots. Had to stop and deflates the tires. In the middle of the forest I had passed couple of riders but did not recognized who they where. Then I heard someone shouted; "Mat Don!!" I took me a while before my brain could register the shout. Mr Ken and his wife rupanya. I was so focused on the new trail sampai tak perasan. (Focused coz takut jatuh ke bawah). We got out of the dream trails and rested for a while. By that time, 1 rider had chain malfunction and IBIS was unlucky and his rear cassette acted up. 2 riders had to cut short their ride. IBIS and Nik (Nik came with IBIS)

2nd stage (the road to Bukit Steroid) was the most fun for me. However, we had to watch out for hikers who were also using the trail. This is where we can paddle our bike hard and fast. But beware of the traffic. In the middle of the way uphill to bukit steroid, another rider had trouble with his chain. The guys on the right picture tengah tolong tengok proses me'repair' chain (Don, Zamri, Kaylah, Haitsan and Along)


At the based of bukit steroid, I saw BC Kelolo who was carrying his little boy on the back of his bike. Power giler naik bukit sambil carry anak. At first I was hesitant to go on up. But after seeing BC, malulah kalau tak naik. It was really tough climbing bukit steroid. The ride down was not as smooth as PCP's trail. Continued onwards till sampai kafetaria FRIM then terus balik ke kereta masing-masing.

Went back just after 1200 and stucked in t.jam due to LTDL - KKB to KL kejap.
Tgh kusyuk me'repair'
Tgh tolong ambik gamba
Rehat kat cafe
Bro Zamri kuar topik best

Pendek citer; berjaya gak aku naik bukit steroid walaupun kena rest 2-3 kali. Bila lah boleh naik non-stop???

No comments:

Post a Comment